Posted on | July 7, 2020 | 4 Comments
Medical organizations this week reacted with alarm as President Trump unilaterally and publically announced on July 7, 2020, his intent to withdraw from the WHO. Putting aside that it is questionable that he possesses the power to follow through with this latest threat to the nation’s health, the move was enough to draw a unified response from major medical associations, a statement I share below.
But first a list of obvious reasons why Trump’s view is unenlightened and dangerous:
- The United States is a critical player in the WHO.
- Data sharing between the WHO and the US Public Health system is extensive.
- Global disease surveillance, in the age of global warming and mass human migrations, is now more critical than ever.
- The U.S. is home to 83 different WHO collaborating centers including universities and governmental sites.
- Our nation’s biosecurity is intimately integrated with the WHO.
- Disrupting our relationship as Fall…
This is only a snippet of a Health Article written by Mike Magee
Read Full Article
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.